- The Netherlands
Director Investments & Development (VERVULD)
-- Procedure succesfully completed --
Our client is a globally recognized commercial real estate fund with a strong focus on logistic real estate.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Northern Europe, who is based in London, will drive the development strategy in the Netherlands working with in-house expertise and 3rd party technical support as per on a need basis.
The ideal candidate brings a proven commercial (and technical) development track record having completed logistics developments from land acquisition to pre-development, permitting, packaging/tendering, delivery and hand-over.
You will source, generate, support, guide, oversee and validate all development deals across the Netherlands to ensure they match strategic goals and objectives. The Development Manager is expected to benefit from an established network of land owners, contractors, brokers, occupiers, lawyers and technical consultancies.
- Identify and secure land positions at strategic locations
- Source and realize development opportunities from pre-development through to hand-over
- Lead all required due diligence processes related to potential land acquisitions
- Work with in-house colleagues to build development cases in order to identify and secure land holdings, zoning, building permits and overseeing the overall construction and delivery process of new buildings as well as committee approval
- Verify and monitor that the development projects are delivered on time and profit and within approved construction budgets
- Monitor the local market to assess changing dynamics and make timely recommendations
- Prepare and submit built-to-suit, speculative development and redevelopment opportunities to the management for approval.
- Collaborate with Asset Management team who will also be involved in lease negotiations on larger transactions
- Identify and negotiate with new and existing tenants for BTS projects
- Identify and assign 3rd party technical staff on a project to project basis
- Monitor the construction phase; verify progress reports prepared by the technical support team
- Selection and appointment of construction advisory teams
- Involvement in planning, design and materials of the Warehouses
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Relevant University Degree
- Membership in Professional Real Estate Institutions preferred, e.g. Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Proven track record in the Dutch market
- General understanding of investment, development and construction processes
- Commercial awareness
- General understanding of legal process
- Strategic thinking
- The person should be independent, a self-starter, a business developer with a strong analytical background
- Promote best practices and knowledge sharing
- Proficient in business English
If you are interested in this position please send your application (in English) to Martijn van der Wal (email@example.com) and for questions you can contact Martijn van der Wal on this number +31(0)6–28201774.
Solid Executives is a leading executive search firm exclusively focused on the real estate sector. We offer unique career opportunities at management and board level and operate on behalf of a wide arrange of real estate companies.