Development Manager at SEGRO Netherlands
- To create planning and development strategies in conjunction with the Head of Netherlands.
- To deliver the NL development pipeline as approved in the budget and Medium term plan.
- To identify development opportunities and prepare appraisals and cash flows to demonstrate project viability in accordance with target returns for NL.
- To prepare and submit Board Papers to secure capital approval for both speculative and pre-let schemes.
- To secure planning / building permit approvals, either by direct negotiations with the authorities or via planning / building permit consultants.
- To regularly report on scheme viability and produce forecasts for capital expenditure on current and planned schemes.
- To liaise with the Asset Management and Leasing teams to actively seek development/ refurbishment or reconstruction opportunities that will contribute to portfolio out performance.
- To identify land acquisition opportunities through market and occupier contacts that complement the existing development programme and enhance portfolio returns.
- To write project briefs and transfer the projects to the Technical Delivery team / project managers who manages the external professional team including: architects, planning consultants, cost consultants, environmental consultants, engineers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience of commercial property development from inception/initiative through to completion.
- Drive and passion in securing the best deal for SEGRO and Customer.
- Expertise in planning processes and construction procurement.
- Knowledge of related legal and environmental policies.
- Competence in Argus Developer appraisal software and Argus Enterprise.
- Wide range of property and occupier contacts.
- Extensive market knowledge
- Proven report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Preferably German.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of the local industrial property sector.
- Knowledge of ‘green and sustainability’ issues.
- Previous experience of leading and motivating teams.
- Intermediary level IT skills – MS Excel & Word.
- Member of RICS.
Sergo at a glance:
• A FTSE 100 Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) operating in 10 countries
• £11 billion of assets under management
In developing and managing innovative warehouse solutions for our customers we typically procure over £600 million of services each year – ranging from major construction contracts to FM services, digital and technology,
legal and professional services, utilities, marketing and other services in support of our £11 billion portfolio. We are currently looking to appoint a Development Manager to coordinate the delivery of the logistics
development strategy and capital expenditure programme in line with the agreed Business Plan for The Netherlands.
Terms of employment
If you are interested in this position please send your application to Robbert Jan Meerman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and for questions you can contact him on this number +31(0)6–43038330.
Solid Recruitment is an international recruitment agency which offers unique career opportunities in the real estate sector. We are recruiting exclusively for this position at SEGRO Netherlands.